Saturday, December 26, 2009

Death of A Clown: Collection 1

Emotional Distress

The 1st of 4 in the series, I wanted to depict the Clown displaying a sense of foresight and intuition about the end. My goal was to create a collection of images that told a story through not only the Clown's expression and look, but also through the colors and still life infused into the collection. If you look closely from the top to bottom you will find vibrant colors starting out which soon fade away, representing the gloomy future ahead. I added the still life of a Poinsettia to represent what the Clown was seeing that was causing her emotional distress. Depicting the transition from life to death (In some cases back to life:). After doing a little research I found the Poinsettia's history to be a fitting compliment to the back story of the collection. It took me three days to determine what flower I was going to use, because I am not a big fan of cliche driven symbols....Lastly you will find the Clown gazing into the balloon as if she was a fortune teller looking into a crystal ball seeing her own future. Leaving the collection with an image that represents what is soon to come.

What's Next? 

I am already working hard on the concept for the next collection. I can assure you it will be even more dramatic & detailed with back story/symbolism. This is only 1 of the 4 collections that will be incorporating different models and looks.  Ultimately leading to the last collection which is the "Death of A Clown" so stay tuned!;)

Special thanks to the team who worked on Collection 1- Model: Zoya / Wardrobe Styling: Lamil Designs /Make-Up: Keya /Hair: Zara /Jewelery Designs: Aakoffii

No comments:

Post a Comment