Friday, December 25, 2009

Constructing "The Death of a Clown"


(Model: Zoya /MUA: Keya /Wardrobe Stylist: Lamil /Hair: Zara /Jewelery: Aakoffii )

Back in 2007 I decided to write a list of ideas that I wanted to create and develop before they were forgotten in the shuffle of time. One of the first ideas that I wrote down was "Death of A Clown". I was inspired by the traveling show "Cirque Du Soleil Corteo" where they show the imperfections and mortality of a Clown who dreams of his own funeral. First question that I asked was "How does A Clown Die?" and from there the idea was born to create a series that shows the "Death of A Clown". My interpretation is that a Clown dies when they no longer see the humor in life and become vulnerable to life's struggles. A common thread that link us all together, our own mortality.... 

The first collection in the series are images that show the most basic concept for "Death of A Clown", emotional distress. You will see the subtleties of a Clown who knows that the end is near. I  also wanted the look to be just as subtle, so that the clown is not immediately recognized on first look.  


(Upside down balloons were added to symbolize how the Clowns life was about to be turned upside down.)

I had a blast doing this first shoot for the series which has definitely got me super excited to complete the series! There will be 3 more collections which will lead up to the "Death of A Clown. Look for the final image of collection one coming soon as well as the remaining collections for the series.





1 comment: